Celebrities are notorious for often over-selling their personal brand in ludicrous areas. Think Kardashian Silly Bandz. Many of these superstars appear alongside alcohol in movies, TV shows, music, and publicized parties so often that they naturally drift toward putting their own spin on the industry. Some celebrities have been met with defeat; Time Magazine argued that Donald Trump’s Trump Vodka was definitely NOT “Success Distilled,” but many celebrities have found great success. It might be fun to go on the hunt for these lesser known but way cool booze brands owned by celebrities.
1. Justin Timberlake's 901 Tequila. Timberlake’s double-distilled tequila has been noted for its smoothness, and won the Double Gold Medal at the 2011 San Francisco World Spirits.
2. George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila. Seems like Clooney didn't create his 100% Blue Weber agave tequila brand solely to gain more fame; he drank his tequila only at home with close friends and family for five years before releasing it to the public. We served some of this tequila at our anniversary party!
3. Drew Barrymore's Barrymore Wines. The wine originates from the Northeast corner of Italy in honor of Drew's ancestors. The brand centers on fruity and crisp white wines, her personal favorite.
4. Yao Ming's Yao Family Wines. Were you expecting a former NBA star to be on this list? We sure weren't. Ming's winery is located in Napa Valley and is praised for aging all the wines for up to 18 months in 100% French oak barrels.
5. Willie Nelson's Old Whiskey River Bourbon. Willie Nelson played a big role in the making of his bourbon, inspired by his hit 1978 song, “Old Whiskey River.” He even did tastings while on tour!
6. Dan Aykroyd’s Crystal Head Vodka. Aykroyd wanted his vodka to be additive free and as pure as possible, thus he makes it from peaches and cream corn. The vodka is distilled seven times before being poured into skull-shaped bottles made from a partnership with New York artist John Alexander.
7. Sean Diddy Combs and Ciroc. Although Ciroc is not Diddy’s own creation, he has overseen and managed branding for Ciroc since 2007, sometimes calling himself “Ciroc Obama.” If there's one brand on the list that you've at least heard of before, it's this one.
Not only do we love a great cocktail, but we love to share our recipes, event planning tips, interesting beverage news, and so much more!